Welcome to Rockville’s community news service.
Since August 2015, Rockville View (#RKView) provides a weekly subscription with all the news and views of Rockville, MD, so you don’t have to miss a thing. From exciting new business openings to the best local events, Rockville View keeps everyone informed through the Weekly View, a paid subscription email published on Friday. In addition to paying attention to the long meetings and important decisions made by our elected officials, the a subscription keeps everyone informed about crime, development, education, and election issues on both the City and County level. This website is available to help you decide if you would like to subscribe – and – you can always visit the site for the current Rockville weather report.
Rockville View Publisher: Online and In Person LLC
Cynthia Cotte Griffiths, Editor: My training as a reporter started on my high school newspaper, Paw Prints, then continued when I wrote for my college newspaper, The Gettysburgian. I have over a decade of experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, and communications. In addition to my work on Rockville View, I assist organizations and businesses with their communication needs while also teaching chair yoga, breathing, and meditation classes. I volunteer as a producer and field technician through Montgomery Community Media, as a commissioner on the City of Rockville Traffic and Transportation Commission, and as the Community Outreach Vice President of the Richard Montgomery PTSA. In the past I served on the Human Service Advisory Commission for six years. In addition to working and teaching, I also enjoy photography and painting. My first priority is always my family.
Many of you may know I worked on Rockville Central from 2007-2011 as Editor and co-owner. RC was meant to create a better space for civil dialogue. Over the course of four years, I covered many of the issues involving City hall and tried to emphasize the best parts of our lives in Rockville.
Pat Reber, Journalist: Pat recently retired after more than two decades in international journalism, was managing editor of the former Express weekly newspapers (not the one you get on the Metro), and a reporter for the former daily Montgomery and Prince Georges Journals. During that period – 1987 to 1993 – the Montgomery County news scene drew about 10 reporters, including the Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun. It was extremely competitive, as was coverage of Annapolis state politics. Today, she follows and helps write for Rockville View, the major source – and nearly only source left – of news about her hometown. Pat is a graduate of Columbia University School of Journalism, and has worked for USA Today, the Houston Chronicle, Associated Press and German Press Agency – her last posting in Washington, where she oversaw coverage of North and South American news.
Rockville View Details:
- Comments: There won’t be any comments on Rockville View because comment management takes up an enormous amount of time and I don’t have the ability for constant monitoring. Also, I’d rather be providing coverage.
- Newsletter: The best way to follow Rockville View will be subscribing to the Weekly View newsletter delivered to your inbox on Friday afternoons ($2/month). Subscribers can also submit events to the calendar.
- Twitter: Posts can also be found on Twitter with the old @Rockville account (from Rockville Central) so if you still follow @rockville, you are already connected and can learn about the news between editions of the Weekly View.
- Instagram: Check out the Daily Views, at least five a week from rockvilleview. You’ll also find them on the website.
- Advertising: If you are a business, sponsor Rockville View. A sight ad (on the site and in the Weekly View email) is the best way to reach people in Rockville! Contact Info@RockvilleView.com for the current rates.
View can be defined as a scene, vista, or landscape picture, but it’s also an aim, an intention, an examination, an inspection, or an interpretation. It’s a way of showing or seeing something from a particular position or angle. (~Taken from the definition in the American Heritage Dictionary) Get a better View of Rockville!
I hope you will support me in this new exciting endeavor!
Thank you for reading!