Oily Rags Cause Rockville Townhome Fire

Around 1 PM this afternoon, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue (MCFR) reported that spontaneous combustion caused oily rags to ignite in a townhome in the 2300 block of Newton Drive in Rockville. Newton Drive runs parallel to Wootton Parkway next to the Rockshire Village Shopping Center.

Photo credit: Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services – Pete Piringer

According to MCFRS, one occupant heard the fire alarm and attempted to put out the fire before dialing 911. The occupant was injured with minor burns in the attempt. After the call, about 40 firefighters responded. Two occupants of the house were displaced.

[Photo credits: Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services – Pete Piringer]
(Visited 1 times